top of page

Wednesday & Thursday

Got up Wednesday morning, got my latte and got parked on SL while getting Casey up, dressed, and fed. Get out the door, forgetting about the snow/ice mixture from the night before and having not started my car ahead of time. My car was a sheet of ice. I got it scraped as best I could, and drove Casey to school with a space just big enough to see through to drive safely. Dropped him off at school, then came back home and got on Aura Kingdom to relist items on the Auction House. After that I took care of my free book & paid emails.

Once Colin and I got on a call, we just chatted for a while. I didn’t really feel like doing anything, but we did end up getting on Minecraft together, touring the worlds so he could see everything that’s gone on since he was last on with me. That took us up until about noon. Then I used a $25 reward I’d gotten from MyPoints to buy Fallout 4, and got the install of that started. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really do anything else while that was downloading. So, we chatted, I did some chores, and also did some Facebook scrolling.

Went and picked Casey up from school, brought him back home and got him to sit on the toilet for a while.

Shortly after Dave got home, he started heating up something to eat in the Microwave. I told him I’d planned to make tortellini for dinner, he said that was fine he could have it as leftovers the next day. I was tired and didn’t really feel like cooking, but it was mostly just heating stuff up, so I went ahead and made it a little while later.

After dinner I got in the shower, then got Casey ready for bed. Once he was snuggled in, I hopped on Conan to refresh the bases. I hadn’t felt like doing it earlier in the day. Colin had offered to get on and refresh them for me, but I said I didn’t mind doing it later. After that was sorted, and pets on there were fed, I found a movie to watch on Netflix, called Love and Honor. It was pretty good. After the movie was done, I went to bed.

Thursday morning, woke up with my alarms and saw that school was canceled for the winter storm coming through. Sent Colin a message that I was tempted to stay up so we could chat for a while, but didn’t hear back from him so I went back to sleep. Woke up a couple hours later to a little snuggly mister in my bed with me.

Got up and got my latte, then got on Aura Kingdom to relist items in the Auction House. Then I took care of my free book & paid emails. While I was doing all that, Casey was being sassy with me again. I was so over this attitude from him, that I sent his teacher an email checking that his behavior at school has been ok and seeing if she could suggest anything to get him away from the constant attitude. I even told her it feels like he’s a teenager at times, the way he talks to us. I didn’t expect to hear back from her, since school was closed, but hoped to get valuable feedback soon. Meanwhile, he got Minecraft taken away. He pitched a fit about that, but he should have seen it coming.

Once he calmed down, he apologized, and went to play in his play room. I got some chili started in the crock pot, then sat down for a bit of a rest before tackling the snow outside. Unfortunately, it was harder work than the storm last week, because of about an inch of ice-packed snow at the bottom. It was heavy and difficult to move. But, I got the job done and felt accomplished for it. Any pain I would feel from moving all the heavy snow/ice would be worth it.

I’d tried to see if Casey wanted to come outside and either play or help, but he was on the toilet during that time. When I came back in, I got him to get off the toilet so I could shower, and then started a bath for him.

I’d emailed Cubmaster Scott earlier in the day, asking if meetings were still going on as scheduled that night, but never heard back from him. I was exchanging emails with the other parents all day, trying to see what everyone else wanted to do. First I heard back that people would still go, but then after I got in from shoveling they all seemed to have changed their mind. It wasn’t until nearly 5:30 that word finally came in, via Ben, who is parent to a child in our Den but also a Den leader for his other son and higher up in the organization than me. Scott had canceled the Committee meeting that was to take place and wouldn’t be there to unlock the church doors. Also, it was decided on a new rule: “No school = No Scout meetings.” So, after all the stress I was under all day long on whether or not to hold the meeting as scheduled, I finally got confirmation that it needn’t happen anyway. Would have been nice to have that decision made much earlier in the day!! Even after hearing the decision, there was still no email from Scott about it. I am really dissatisfied with the constant lack of communication in our Pack.

So, with no Scout meeting, I went ahead and grabbed some dinner, then resumed some work on my web site, transferring over the last little bit. I found a Google Drive app that I could use to streamline the process, allowing me to edit HTML in the left pane while previewing the page in the right pane. So I just had to remove one bit out of the left pane, then select and copy what I wanted from the right pane and paste it into the forum. Still a bit of a pain in the ass, but much simpler than how I’d been doing it. Plus, a lot of my formatting was kept, like bold text and whatnot. So, that was better.

About the time I was done with that, it was time to get Casey ready for bed. But, he had a tummy ache. Dave had given him some children’s Pepto not long before, but he was really distraught. Dave suggested skipping his “important stuff” and going straight to bed, that laying down may help. Even Dave said he thought it was probably just gas cramps. Casey’s had problems with gas cramps his whole life, getting very uncomfortable from it. I had trouble settling him, and even had to go check on him a couple times, but finally he settled.

Once I was sure he was sleeping, I started watching an Anime that Autumn had recommended for me. It’s called “My Roommate is a Cat.” So, I went ahead and watched an episode of that, and then went to bed myself. It was early, but I was tired.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Noté 0 étoile sur 5.
Pas encore de note

Ajouter une note
bottom of page