top of page

Thursday & Friday

Got up Thursday morning, got my latte and got parked on SL while getting Casey up, dressed, and fed. Noticed Dave wasn’t getting out of bed, which concerned me because the last thing I ever need these days is for him to have a day off, lol. Went and took Casey to school, and Dave was still in bed when I got home.

After a short while, I got on Conan to refresh the bases. I noticed that the bases formerly owned by friends of ours were now owned by another clan. I guess after Nym and Deez split up, neither of them wanted to participate in the server they played on together.

When I was done with that, I noticed Dave was still in bed! I was actually starting to get concerned that he wasn’t even alive anymore. It’s so unlike him to sleep in. I didn’t bother to go check on him, though. I guess I thought I could safely give it more time.

So it was time for some more action on DDO. I got on there and played on my Rogue on and off throughout the rest of the day, working on the Stormreach Harbor quests. The nice thing about DDO is that you don’t actually level up until you speak to your trainer. You can continue to quest and gain XP without leveling up. This is handy, because I want my Rogue to be able to help our mains in dungeons that have locked doors or traps that need to be disabled, but if she’d get to be too high a level I wouldn’t be able to get her into the dungeon without ruining the XP and advancement for Colin’s main. So, she can still complete the quests and get XP, but not actually level up. Colin still needs to get on his main and work on leveling up, though. My main is 10k XP ahead of his main.

I left a little early to go pick up Casey from school, so that I could talk to Colin for a bit. I went to get gas in my car, and then got to the school about 10 minutes earlier than usual. There were already other parents there waiting for school to get out, I kinda couldn’t believe it. Why sit there, voluntarily, for 20+ minutes?

Once it was time to go to stand near the doors, I got off the call with Colin. I’d been hoping to see Daniel, but of course not. It was only a Thursday. So, we headed home and I got him to sit on the toilet right away. Meanwhile, I’d gotten an email about the 100th day celebration going on the next day, and needed to get the snack Casey was assigned to bring: 100 goldfish crackers. So, I went ahead and went to the store.

On the way home, I stopped and picked up some Culver’s for dinner. Casey had asked about having that, and so I quietly asked Dave if that was ok and if he wanted anything. They both had chicken tenders, I had a mushroom & swiss burger. We actually all ate at the (extremely messy) kitchen table together, it was kinda weird.

After dinner I relaxed for a short while in my room, and then Casey and I went to count out some goldfish crackers. Then he asked about sledding outside, since his new sled had arrived earlier in the day. But, it was already dark, so it would have to wait. So, instead he played in his playroom for a bit while I played around on DDO, until it was time for him to get ready for bed.

Wiz had announced a Throwback Thursday with some wand, so I logged on to check if it was any good. Sadly, it was not. I logged off and got back on DDO for a little while to continue working on a quest in another “zone” kind of dungeon called Cerulean Hills. I kept doing that until I was about ready for bed.

This morning, I got up, got my latte and got parked on SL while getting Casey up, dressed, and fed. Dave ended up getting up before Casey left for school, but he was in his PJs which meant he was off again. It sure would be nice to know in advance when he’s taking multiple days off like this. It really puts a damper into my “SL.”

Dropped Casey off at school, then came back home and got on DDO for a bit. I was eager to check if anything had sold in the auction house. After a short while, I decided to go ahead and start on our taxes. I was surprised that I was able to classify myself as self-employed and got a tax break for it. Then I was also surprised when Turbo-tax asked if we paid rent and offered a tax credit for that, as well.

After the taxes were submitted, I took care of my free book & paid emails while waiting to hear something from Colin. I needed to got to Walmart and make sure we had enough food to get us through this next round of snow over the weekend. I finally heard from him, so I got ready to head out. Dave had mentioned wanting beer, so I went and asked him what kind he wanted. Then I decided to go ahead and say what’d been on my mind, about reading More Than Two and my thoughts on what I’ve been reading from it lately. I actually started crying, telling him that I realize now that the way I reacted was not appropriate. He said I had every right to feel the way I did, and I said I agreed, but that I didn’t need to react how I did.

So, after that, I headed out to the store and called Colin while I was out. I stopped at the Subway inside Walmart first and enjoyed my usual sandwich. Then I spent over an hour slowly walking around the store and getting things we needed, as well as things we didn’t. I got a new pillow, some twin size bedding, some frozen dinners, a roast kit, some more of my Magnesium, and some other things. What we didn’t need was this “packable backpack” that I just couldn’t resist. It folds up into a smaller bag, and then you unpack it and it becomes a full size backpack.

By the time I was done getting the groceries, my knee said it was done functioning for the day. So, I headed home, got the groceries put away, and then a short while later had to leave to go pick up Casey from school. I was hoping, again, to see Daniel at parent pick-up. After all, it’s Friday. But instead I saw his mom. I’d never been formally introduced to her, or even spoken to her at all, but then when the boys came out together and started bombarding us about me and Casey going over to Daniels so they could play, I took the opportunity to introduce myself. She then commented about me and Casey being at Daniel’s house the night of Pinewood Derby. I didn’t think he’d have mentioned us to his mom, and it made me feel kinda warm inside, even though we’d only been over that time for a play date. Ok, well, we did kinda kick the boys out of the house to play in the snow so we could play a bit as well.

After that we headed home and I got Casey to sit on the toilet, as usual. I hopped on Aura Kingdom to relist items on the auction house, pleasantly surprised that a couple of the more expensive items had sold.

Once that was done, it was back to DDO. I was still working on the slayer, exploration, and rare encounters for Cerulean Hills. I worked on that while baking a frozen mexican lasagna for dinner, but took a short break to eat at my desk. After I was done eating, I did a few dishes, and then got back to work. I finally managed to complete all 3 of those little quests, and redid one of the sub-dungeons in there as well.

By the time I was done sorting inventory afterward, it was time to get Casey ready for bed. He’d been playing Minecraft in my room on and off since he’d gotten off the toilet. I’d asked him earlier if he wanted to sleep by me tonight, but then I realized I wouldn’t be able to snuggle into all my squishy pillows if he was in the bed with me, so I decided not to remind him about it. He must not have remembered me asking, because he went and crawled into his own bed after brushing his teeth. So, I read to him and tucked him in.

I’ve been kinda wanting to get on Minecraft and do some mining myself, so I think I’ll do that for a bit. But first, naturally I have to update the texture pack that’s on the realm because I finally got the update for it on my computer. That will take a while.

Got to do a bit of mining, and explored a cave system. Dozing off, so it’s bedtime.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page