top of page


Got up and got my latte, then got parked on SL while getting Casey up, dressed, and fed. Dropped him off at school, then headed back home and got changed on SL.

I wanted to get on Minecraft, but wasn’t really up for getting on by myself. I spent a short while scrolling through Facebook before resolving to get on Conan and refresh the jungle base. Then I got on Aura Kingdom and DDO to deal with the auction houses. After that, it was time for free book & paid emails. Then I proceeded to give my web site a bit of a face-lift.

The main change is the background. I spent quite a bit of time looking for a good Sugar Skulls background, and finally ended up spitting out $6 for a pack of them just for one that was perfect. It was that or like $50. Seriously, simple backgrounds are outrageously priced these days. Back when I started web design, I could find all sorts of good images at no cost. Now they’re all for sale.

Once the new background was applied, I updated the color scheme for the site to look better with it. I based it off my favorite color’s hex code: 6495ED. Cornflower Blue. ❤ ❤ ❤

Once Colin was up, I told him about the changes I was making and that I’d wanted the image resized smaller than it was but Pixlr was distorting the image when I scaled it down that far. He offered to Photoshop it down for me, and I’m super happy with it now.

It was getting later in the day and I wanted to make a Home Chef (forgot to take pictures for a separate public entry for that, grr) for lunch because Casey and I would be having dinner at the Carnival after school. I didn’t want to put it off another night after Dave had said he’d actually eat it.

It was a delicious mexican-style risotto. It took ages to cook, the rice always does for me. But it was worth the wait.

By the time I was done eating, it was time to pick up Casey from school, so I headed out. Once he was out, we headed back home for a short while before Carnival time. I wanted to get there early so we could hopefully get a good parking spot. Last year when we went, I cried the entire way back to my car because my knee hurt so much. I didn’t want that to happen again this year, if I could help it. We got there plenty early, the parking lot didn’t have many cars in it at all.

The Carnival was fun but exhausting. My left leg, the good leg, got super sore and tired after putting most of my weight on it to keep my right knee from getting further agitated. I had the cane with me, and used it to put some of my weight on as well.

Casey did a lot of the bouncy “rides” and played a bunch of the games. He’d wanted to win a snake they had but it was sold out when he was so close to having enough tokens. Instead he got a rainbow slinky and a plush crayon that doesn’t actually write. It’s cool, though. I’d want one.

The carnival was from 4:30 to 7:30 and we were there for all of it. Once it was over, we headed home. I learned, upon arrival, that Dave made plans to go down to see his mom tomorrow. I was sure to tell Casey to be home in time to go to breakfast with me on Sunday. But, I’m pissed at Dave for taking my child away from me for Mother’s Day weekend. If he wants to go see his mom for Mother’s Day, that’s fine. But don’t take away my child on my birthday, Mother’s Day, or Christmas. For fuck’s sake. What an asshole.

Got Casey in for a quick bath once he’d had another snack. He took a while to soak before washing up, so I chatted with Autumn a bit. Once he was washed up, I helped him dry off and he started doing his bedtime stuff, but took his sweet time. I didn’t get him to bed until 9:30.

Got on Minecraft with Autumn, with the objective to get pandas to our home base. Unfortunately, we didn’t make it all the way home, I was ready for bd about midnight. I built a hut around the panda so it couldn’t get away, and said goodnight to Autumn.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page