top of page

Almost there!

Start with the early morning part:

This morning about 4am I got up to go to the bathroom. I usually don’t bother putting on my glasses just to go pee. Because of the amount of pain I endure just to get to the toilet, particularly from getting out of bed, I sit there for a minute to “recoup” before wiping and getting back up. This also gives me a chance to make darn sure my bladder is empty. When I wiped this time I noticed it seemed extra slippery. I knew this was coming, but I was NOT looking forward to it, and yet at the same time was anxiously awaiting it. I’m not really a “discharge” kinda gal, which is really quite nice. I only ever get it about once a month around the time of ovulation. I knew that pregnancy was supposed to increase discharge, particularly at the end. So I wipe myself dry, look at the discharge to make sure it’s not something to call the doc about, notice it’s got blood spots in it, look in the toilet, and see the mucus plug!

I sent an email to my mom about it, to let her know there is some progress being made. I did a bit of research while composing the email and see that loss of the mucus plug happens anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks before labor, but that “bloody show” can narrow things down to about 1 or 2 days. We decided to go have the midwife check things out, given this new change, to see where things are. I’m still dilated at 1.5cm though she said she can now stretch it to 2, so it is a little more dilated. She said it’s 80% effaced now, that’s really a HUGE improvement! She stripped the membranes some more to see if it will help speed things up for me.

After mom and I left the doctor’s office, we headed to Super Walmart and walked a couple laps around the exterior walls. It was feeling, at times, like it was helping a bit. Then we went and picked up my dad and took him to get Thai for lunch, but it wasn’t as spicy as I was wanting. Then we headed to their hotel for me to take a dip in the pool, and I took the opportunity to do some bouncing exercises to see if it would bump him lower a bit. My dad went to the airport to pick up my brother while I dried off and mom started cooking. Once dad and Mikey got back, I went to go change clothes and get Dave, and Mikey asked to go with. Every time I took a sudden breath Mikey would look at my face and my belly to see that everything was ok. I got changed then the 3 of us headed back to the hotel for dinner. After we ate, me, Mikey, and Dave headed to the mall to walk. Got some good walking in, and had 1 strong contraction that made me stop in my tracks. After the mall we headed back to my parents hotel room for dessert, then me and Dave came home to wind down. He’s been in bed for a while… I had stuff on the brain, so after starting laundry, and taking a bath then shower, now I’m trying to empty my mind so I can sleep. Let me not forget to put my clothes in the dryer before I go to bed! 🙂

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page