, pub-7119551159929401, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
top of page

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

I dropped Casey off at school, then rushed over to Greg’s so I could take him to work at the grocery store. Then, I headed back home and took care of my free book & paid emails.

I picked up a grocery order at Walmart, then headed home and got that put away. I spent a bit more time at home, then remembered I really needed to get the rent check dropped off. I stopped at McDonald’s on the way to Sparta.

I made it back home with more time to spare, so I spent about a couple of hours messing around on Facebook until it was time to go pick Casey up from school.

After Dave picked Casey up, I headed over to pick Greg up from work. He actually ended up walking to the nearest convenience store, so I picked him up from there. He needed to stop by his place, but then he came over for a while since I didn’t have to be at work until 8.

Shortly after we got back to my place, he got a text from his ex-mother-in-law that he lives with. She was hassling him about needing to spend more time at home. He got super angry about it and was ranting about needing to get out of that place. He said something about getting a one-way ticket down to Mexico to get away from her, and even though I knew he wouldn’t leave me I felt the waterworks start. I headed outside for a cigarette while he played on his guitar to calm himself down. I was rationalizing with myself, telling myself he wasn’t going to leave me, but I couldn’t stop the tears. When I went back inside, he tried to get me to come over and give him a hug, but I didn’t want him to see me like that. I went into the bedroom and sat on the bed, trying to calm myself down. He came in by me and wrapped his arms around me, reassuring me that he wasn’t going to go anywhere.

He wanted to show me something on the guitar, so we went back out to the living room once I was calmed down. He played for a little while, then we went back to the bedroom and made love. Afterward, I dropped him off at Tim’s on my way to work.

Work was ok, it ended up being more of a balanced shift. Some things got half-assed but other things were above-and-beyond expectations. The incoming snowstorm was affecting my knee, but I still planned to bust my ass. Instead, Sarah ended up busting her ass so I wouldn’t have to. I actually didn’t appreciate that very much. I have arthritis, meaning I need constant movement. Especially when it’s flaring up like it was. But, everything got done and that’s the important thing. Regardless of my own contribution or how well it got done, at least it got done.

I talked on the phone with Greg on my way home from work, then got wound down quick for bed since I’d have to get up early the next morning.

1 view0 comments

Related Posts

See All


Noté 0 étoile sur 5.
Pas encore de note

Ajouter une note
bottom of page