top of page


I got up and got some coffee while the computer booted, then got dressed while also getting Casey up, dressed, and fed.

Dave had gone to the gym but was back home for a shower. He was looking everywhere for his cell phone, but couldn’t find it. Then he remembered that it had been on top of his car while he was putting his bag in the car. He remembered hearing a clunk when he was driving down the road, and believed it must have been his phone. I took care of filing an insurance claim and ordering a replacement for him while he used the snowblower on the driveway.

I dropped Casey off at school at the usual time, then headed to the Best Western to try and pick up his car kit for Pinewood Derby. Unfortunately, the Cubmaster’s wife had forgotten it, so I told her I’d come to pick it up later that evening at their house.

On the way home, I called the Vet’s office about Max. He’d still been throwing up, and they said I should bring him in right away. Once home, I got him in the carrier and took him in to get checked out. He had some blood work and X-rays done, in addition to the physical exam. They said he appeared healthy, so they weren’t sure right off the bat what was making him sick. Unfortunately, that meant waiting until the following morning for them to call with the results of the blood work. They gave him some medicine in the meantime, to keep him from getting sick.

I stopped at Burger King for some breakfast. Then I headed home and took care of my free book emails before getting on Fallout 76 on the Xbox. I’d intended to work, but the queue was empty, yet again.

I played on the Xbox until it was time to pick Casey up from school. We came back to the house for a short while before heading back out for his Therapy appointment. That went ok, except he says he’s never stressed or anxious and his intake survey showed quite the opposite. I told Faith we needed to work on identifying those feelings, and she said she had an idea for next time.

After his Therapy visit, we went to Perkins for dinner and then back home. I got back on the Xbox for a while and had Casey start getting ready for bed at the usual time. Once I’d read to him and tucked him in, I got on Minecraft. Cyn joined me. We played on there for a couple hours until I was ready for bed.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page