top of page

Friday & Saturday

Friday wasn’t anything extraordinary. Got up, got my latte, got parked on SL while getting Casey up, dressed, and fed. Dropped him off at school, came back home, and got on Conan. Played on there on and off throughout the rest of the day.

Dinner was an old home chef I’d bought ingredients for, a harvest bowl. I had to substitute apricot preserves for fig preserves because I didn’t want to drive all the way to Onalaska to see if Woodman’s had the fig. I think it turned out tastier than when we’d gotten the kit from Home Chef. It was really good.

Colin was up late, so we played on Conan together until after 3am, working on moving our things from our old desert base to our new “swungle” (swamp/jungle) base, then I finally went to bed.

Saturday, I got up around 10am. Got my coffee, got on SL to park, then got on Conan. Spent some time on there doing miscellaneous stuff, and then ran to the store to get a few things before my childhood best friend, Michelle, was due to arrive.

Once Michelle arrived, we spent a while standing around the foyer chit chatting. It was nice to see her again, we don’t really stay in touch like I would like, but she’s still my first and always best friend.

We went to see the Holiday train. It was awesome! Just like last year, though, Casey got whiny as soon as the concert portion started, complaining that he was tired (ie bored) and ready to go. Eventually Dave walked off with him, but I assumed they’d be right back to watch the rest. They weren’t. Michelle and her family walked with me back to our cars, with me limping the whole way because my knee was absolutely killing me after standing in the snow for an hour. When we got back to our cars, Dave said that Casey admitted to being bored, and that he was just going to make him stand there by the cars until we got back, as some sort of lesson. I just figured Dave would bitch at me for not walking with them back to the cars.

Michelle and her family headed back to Merrill, and we headed home. We stopped at Arby’s on the way for a quick bite. We waited in line at the drive through for 20 minutes for our order. I’m not sure what the holdup was. Once back, I ate my dinner, then got Casey ready for bed and got on Conan. Stayed up playing it until after 3am again.

0 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All



Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page